Diversify the economy and spark business innovation.
Magan Pritam Ray
Traditional strengths of the Coastside economy have limited opportunities for innovation and equitable growth.
- Physical isolation and limited public transit.
- Limited commercial space.
- Challenges with planning process and zoning.
- Opposition to growth.
- Infrastructure (power and digital).
- Lack of affordable housing.
- Lack of higher education and job skills training opportunities.
- Lack of financing and lending institutions.
- Lack of civic engagement.
- Create a business incubator for new start-up and early-stage companies aligned with the Coastside’s unique industries and assets (e.g., ag-tech, marine, aviation and environmental).
- Increase access to vocational training and higher education opportunities for economically vulnerable residents.
Research & Implementation
The Coastside Recovery Initiative is actively researching and seeking solutions to implement the recommendations.